MHSi is currently seeking a Packaging Engineer with 3+ years’ experience.
- Lead cross-functional team discussions and document open points on current issues.
- Follow up on packaging plan implementation for customers, suppliers and the manufacturing location itself.
- Work with production plant representatives to implement process improvement projects.
- Conduct root-cause failure analysis for failed packaging improvements, working closely with production and process engineering.
- Provide complete and accurate tracking on the current status for all work-in-progress.
- Communicate internally and externally with both the customer and supplier base.
- Identify and relay issues and exceptions to management.
- BS in Packaging or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent Packaging Engineering experience.
- 3+ years’ manufacturing experience required. Automotive industry experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to prioritize work and issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Professional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, switching between multiple projects over the course of a work day.
- Follow-up and good interface skills.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to Canada (Windsor and Essex County) for the day is required.
- Work is approximately 50/50 remote versus on-site In-person tasks include travel to customer locations, company meetings and other assignments as needed.
- All applicants who are offered a position will need to have a physical and be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.
- Candidates must have ability to work in USA. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time.
- Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Work setting: Hybrid/Remote